Gears of Resistance Episode #16
12 October 2015
This week the stories are:
- Join the GoR Slack Community | Slack.com
- $9 CHIP Computer is Shipping!
- AutoDesk open sources Ember 3D Printer, Fusion 360 Update
- AutoDesk 123D Apps
- Photon Environmental Datalogger GitHub Repo
- BuddyBot Project Write-Up Example
- EagleUp (EagleCAD to SketchUp 3D Model Tool)
- Lexan Acrylic Sheets
My current setup for documenting a project:
- 3D Files: The raw 3D models and STL exports
- Documentation: Screen captures of all physical products, BOMs, User Guides
- Eagle: The schematic and board files. Gerber files and exports from EagleUp ULP.
- Software: Subfolders for each unique codebase (e.g. Firmware folderfor Photon firmware, Server folder for HTML, CSS, and Node.js files)
What do you do to document your OSHW projects?
Music is “Computer Control” by Tom Woxom, available at http://freemusicarchive.org/
CC: Attribution-Noncommercial-NoDerivatives 3.0 International
Today’s podcast is brought to you by audible.com. They have over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player. Get a FREE audiobook download and 30 day free trial at www.audibletrial.com/steampowerpodcast
Slack, CHIP computer, Autodesk, 3D printer, Ember, Fusion 360, Spark, 123D Apps, Photon, GitHub, GitLab, project documentation, Evernote, EagleCAD, EagleUP, 3D models, lexan, transparent whiteboard