S.T.E.A.M. Power Podcast #79 for October 23, 2016
NSFW WARNING: Just a word of warning, towards the end of this episode we discuss entertainment and impact on society where we touch upon violence and sexuality. Nothing too raunchy but listener discretion is advised.
This week we cover:
- Science: Is There A 9th Planet Hiding Out There?
- Technology: Elon Musk Reveals His Plan to Colonize Mars
- Engineering: Will Your Next House be Open Source? | Open Building Institute
- Art: Smithsonian Kickstarts Repairing Wizard of Oz’s Ruby Red Shoes
- Mathematics: Spatial Reasoning and Mathematical Ability in Kids
Artist’s illustration of Planet Nine, a world about 10 times more massive than Earth that may lie undiscovered in the outer solar system. Credit: Caltech/R. Hurt (IPAC)
Today’s podcast is brought to you by audible.com. They have over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player. Get a FREE audiobook download and 30 day free trial at www.audibletrial.com/steampowerpodcast
9th planet, elon musk, mars, space travel, colonization, open source, housing, open building institute, construction, smithsonian, kickstarter, wizard of oz, ruby red shoes, math, kids, spatial reasoning